General Information

The International Neurotoxin Association (INA) is dedicated to making TOXINS 2021 Virtual Conference a relevant and effective communication with the most current data and research. The scientific program will feature presentations on the latest developments in the basic science and clinical applications of neurotoxins.

TOXINS 2021 Virtual Conference will offer you a full virtual experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the program including:

  • Participate in the virtual scientific conference – Earn CME/CEU credits
  • Attend industry-sponsored sessions
  • Listen to the lectures – Live and on demand for up to 2 months
  • Visit the virtual poster hall to view the posters – At your leisure
  • Visit the virtual exhibition hall – Virtual reality will take you on a journey through the exhibition booths where you can choose to explore any of the displayed material and information
  • Submit your abstract – Accepted abstracts will be published in an online supplement issue of Toxicon with open access for 6 months

Registration Information
There is no charge for registration. Once you complete your registration, you will receive a pre-meeting survey to complete. Prior to the conference you will receive a confirmation-reminder email with a link to the virtual conference and sessions.

Technology Required
You will need a reliable internet connection, a computer desktop, laptop or iPad with audio.  The virtual platform is compatible with a PC and Mac.  Participants must have Foxfire Browser or Google Chrome.  Safari Browser is not supported by this virtual platform.  It’s not recommend to view the conference on your mobile phone.

CME/CEU Credit(s) – European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME)
Registered participants who attend the live virtual conference and submit their evaluations are eligible to receive CME/CEU credits. The American Medical Association (AMA) and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) have an agreement of mutual recognition of credits with the EACCME.

Abstracts & Posters
Accepted abstracts will be published in an online supplement issue of Toxicon with open access for 6 months.

The conference will also feature a Virtual Poster Hall of the accepted abstracts where the author will have the opportunity to submit a PDF of and/or a 10-minute presentation of their poster (using slides with audio and/or video). Conference attendees will have access to the Virtual Poster Hall for 60 days post-conference.

 

New Abstract Topic

International Forum: Exploring the National, Regional, and Local Clinical Experience With Botulinum Neurotoxins

In recognition of the country-specific and/or institution-specific differences in the use of BoNTs in clinical practice, this session is designed for clinicians and research scientists to share their experience and insights with global colleagues. A session format combining presentations and a panel discussion will identify and explore these differences in the clinical application of BoNTs relating to: patient populations, treatment protocols, best practices for common indications, pharmacoeconomic considerations, and data for the use of BoNT therapy in innovative ways.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Cancellation policy:

30 days prior to arrival cancelled room nights will be subject to a 100% charge, equivalent to the full value, including any applicable VAT.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Parking (Focus car park)

We offer the opportunity to pre-book parking in our enclosed section in the nearby Focus car park (Fabriksgatan 45) for 225 SEK/night (valid from 15:00 on the day of your arrival until 13:00 on the day of your departure).

The easiest way to pre-book is when you reserve a room or online via the link you receive in your confirmation or welcome e-mail from us 7 days before your arrival. Alternately, contact the reservations team by e-mail: room@gothiatowers.com or telephone: +46 (0)31-750 88 10.

If you have not pre-booked a parking space or you would like parking after hours, a space may be provided subject to availability. Please contact the Guest Service team at the hotel.

Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian cars:
If you have pre-booked and provided us with your car license number and a mobile phone number, you can drive directly to the Focus car park (Fabriksgatan 45) before checking in.

The car’s license plate will be scanned and the barrier will then open automatically for you at the entrance to the hotel’s enclosed section. The last six digits of your mobile number will be used as a code for the gate when you collect your car.

Cars from other countries, motorcycles, or cars with a personalised license plate:
Our system is unable to read these license plates, and you do not need to provide your license number. Instead, please collect a ticket from Guest Service before driving to the car park.

If you have not pre-booked parking, contact Guest Service when you arrive and they will help you to book a space, subject to availability.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Group Accommodations Cancellation Policy:

In the event of cancellation of accommodation, the Purchaser may cancel the contracted hotel rooms with no charge up to 180 days prior to arrival.

This is considered the latest allowed date for timely cancellations free of charge. Significant modifications to the booking may result in a re-evaluation of rates and conditions offered.

After this date (180 days) no more than 50% of the reserved rooms per day can be cancelled.

Please note, that in order to cancel the maximum of 50% allowed, the cancellation should occur during period 1 (see below). The original reservation is defined as all rooms (inclusive of VAT) reserved and confirmed on the date stipulated as the last allowed for cancellations.

Period 1: 179-120 days prior to arrival a maximum of 50% of the original reservation per day may be cancelled with no charge.

Period 2: 119-90 days prior to arrival a maximum of 35% of the original reservation per day may be cancelled with no charge.

Example: If a total of 35% or more has already been cancelled during period 1, it will not be possible to make any further changes or reductions without incurring a charge. If, for example, 15% has been cancelled during period 1, it is possible to cancel additional 20% during period 2, so the total cancellation does not exceed 35% of the final reserved event.

Period 3: During the period of 89- 60 days prior to arrival a maximum of 10% of the final reservation per day may be cancelled with no charge.

Example: If a total of 10% or more has already been cancelled during period 1 and 2, it will not be possible to make any further changes or reduction without incurring a charge s. If, for example, 5% has been cancelled during period 1 and 2, it is possible to cancel additional 5% during period 3, so the total cancellation does not exceed 10% of the final reserved event.

Period 4: During the period of 59-20 days prior to arrival a maximum of 5% of the final reservation per day may be cancelled with no charge.

Example: If a total of 5% or more has already been cancelled during period 1, 2 and 3, it will not be possible to make any further changes or reductions without incurring a charge. If, for example, 2% has been cancelled during period 1, 2 and 3, it is possible to cancel additional 3% during period 4, so the total cancellation does not exceed 5% of the final reserved event.

After period 4, cancelled room nights will be subject to a 100% charge, equivalent to the full value, including any applicable VAT.

In the case of no-shows, delayed arrival or early departure the hotel is entitled to payment equivalent to the full price of the original reservation (all nights) as booked.

All changes and amendments by the client have to be confirmed in writing by the Hotel to be validated.

A contract addendum will be sent and should be signed by client for any changes above original contracted room booking.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Abstract Presentation Note

Awaiting Content

Donec at viverra nulla, eu hendrerit augue. Nam pharetra, diam eget sagittis malesuada, quam purus mollis tellus, in aliquet purus nulla sit amet dui. Fusce eu dolor ultrices, condimentum lorem quis, luctus ante. Nunc ligula erat, mattis a libero ut, finibus porta lectus. In aliquet arcu sed cursus sagittis. Pellentesque vitae pretium urna. Cras sit amet volutpat nunc, eu gravida neque. Vestibulum eu feugiat nulla, eu dignissim lacus. Sed dignissim, lacus et viverra finibus, arcu mi commodo ipsum, interdum faucibus elit turpis sit amet lacus. Maecenas aliquam metus massa, sed commodo enim tempus nec.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

General Guidelines for Abstract Review

Eligible abstracts should present original research on the science of botulinum neurotoxins or their clinical application. Abstracts should be current and of broad interest and importance to those engaged in the field of botulinum neurotoxin research and therapeutics.

Each abstract should be concise and factual. An abstract should briefly state the purpose of the research, the principal results, and major conclusions. Abstracts must be submitted in English.

All abstract(s) should be unbranded; generic names should be used after first mention of product brand names.

Financial support of the research being submitted in the abstract should be indicated if applicable.

Both structured and unstructured abstracts are acceptable. Other (unstructured) abstracts will not follow this format but should contain the same information.

Structured abstracts should be formatted as follows:

• Abstract title
• Authors’ names and affiliations
• Corresponding author contact information

Introduction
This section should briefly state the precise objectives of the research or study question and explanatory background.

Methods
The experimental methodology should be clearly described.

Results
Results should be clear and concise. The main outcomes of the study should be reported and quantified.

Conclusions
The main conclusions that are supported by the study should be presented indicating clinical/research or health policy implications.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Share This