The preceptorship program should appeal to clinicians in the fields of neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and pain management.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret principles of anatomy and pathophysiology, in order to assess the need for botulinum neurotoxin injections
- Perform comprehensive and individualized patient assessment and manage expectations, in order to improve patient outcomes
- Understand differences in dosing and administration among different botulinum toxin formulations, in order to select the appropriate treatment regimen for each patient
- Interpret areas of muscle overactivity, in order to properly target injection sites
- Improve injection techniques for botulinum neurotoxin, including the use of localization and guidance modalities, in order to assure optimal product placement and therapeutic outcomes
ACCME Accreditation Statement
Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is jointly provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and International Neurotoxin Association (INA).
Add In-Kind statement